Creative Cake Stands

What I love most about going to vintage antique markets?
The inspiration I get from all the vendors.
It's like opening a surprise gift at every turn.
I love the way they repurpose and put together creative displays that get your juices going.
Today, cruising through the vendors at Junk In The Trunk Vintage Market , I left with tons of ideas and came home to test one out.
Cake stands.




I have a thing for cake stands and I've collected quite a few of them. I think it's because I love chocolate and always think of dessert first.
 I even one time had a shop owner ask me if I owned a bakery because I kept going in and buying different stands.
I wish! So far I just make cookies. A lot of them.



Anyway, today I spied several of the vendors using them in creative ways that I thought would be great to do with my collection at home.
These fun stands don't just have to be used for displaying sweets at parties.
You can keep them out on full display all the time. In the kitchen. Dining room. Living room. And even the bathroom.
I started in the dining room, where all my stands are stored.
I got them out and arranged a group on top of a glass cabinet behind our farm table.






I tucked my decorative milk glass bottles and jars under the cake stands' glass domes.
They come in all shapes and sizes and look great set on top of the risers.
Here are some close-ups.





I then thought why not stack a couple cake stands on top of each other to give them a different look for the living room coffee table.


I put a large chunky wood stand I nabbed in Round Top, Texas on bottom, and a taller one I found at Magnolia Market on top. I then finished it off by plopping down a vase of fresh roses and an iron cloche.




Now to the bathroom.
Yes, the bathroom!! Why not right?
I put one of the wood cake stands on the vanity with fresh flowers.





It would also be a great spot to add a small candle for display and sweet smells.
You could also stack bars of soap and fold a small hand towel on it, so guests can wash their hands.




The options are endless with these stands.
Stick one by the kitchen sink with your dish soap and scrubbers on top.
And if you need any more food for thought check out this article I found on Pinterest that gives you 7 more creative ideas for cake stands.
What are some of your favorite uses?
We'd love to know!
Happy decorating!
xoxoxo Jen Zerrer






Comments