The Magnolia Market

This was definitely a double treat kinda day.
We got to eat at the fabulous Magnolia Table restaurant (see my April 5 post for all the yummy details) AND we shopped at Magnolia Market.
Someone pinch me.
'Cause this was surreal.
Fixer Upper fans like myself know what I'm talking about.






I think I had this giant giddy grin on the whole time.





Even my 3 kids were excited to get in on the action.
Here they are:


The Magnolia Market was literally in full bloom. Outside, in the garden area, there were gorgeous pink roses, lavender and tulips blooming in all the flower beds.
I'm a flower fanatic --with my company's name SheBloom and Rose as my daughter's middle name--so this alone made my day.
Check out these blooming beauties.






Those pink roses were stunning. And the leaves were glossy green, too.
This was just outside the Seed + Supply store, where there's also a fabulous greenhouse. Check it out below.








Inside the store were more flowers on display. This time, the artificial kind.
And boy were they good looking. 
Shoppers were scooping them up left and right.






I love this Spring display from my earlier trip in February.
It greeted you as soon as you stepped inside the shop.



The entire store was loaded with all kinds of pots and vessels that would be great to showcase these greens in.
I particularly liked that you could receive free shipping (you pay for packaging) when spending $100 or more, so I didn't have to worry about lugging something breakable or big and awkward home to Cali with me.
The folks at Magnolia have a Fed Ex shipping station ready to do all your wrapping and packing.
Score!
My husband, who usually gets stucks wrestling my "finds," was even excited to hear that once he got over the shock of seeing the giant checkout line zigzagged through the entire store.
Have no fear, I told him, when he asked if I was going to wait.




I was one of the 100 or so fanatically happy shoppers non-pulsed over some wait time.
We ladies talked pillows and cake stands while we waited in line.
I nabbed these wood beauties to put my milk glass on.

Wood cake stands at Magnolia avaiable in several sizes. I have them on my dining table.
Plus, the staff moved things quickly.
It was about 11:30 a.m. at the time and employees were ready to handle the crowds.
The same could be said for the last time I was at Magnolia Market in February for my daughter and I's birthdays.
Mrs. Stevens, Joanna's mom, was even at the front checkout helping wrap and box people's orders.
She was so gracious to stop and take a pic with us, and even gave Bella a cupcake for her birthday.

That kind of personal attention will undoubtedly continue to Magnolia Market stand apart.
It's all in their details.
Like Chip and JoJo's handprints on the front checkout counter.
An unexpected touch.


In fact, all around you could feel the inspiration.
Look at these displays.





It made me pumped to go home and play around with my newest finds.
Like this pillow I picked up. It reads: "He said there are always flowers for those who want to see them."
I couldn't resist.
Here it is on my living room couch.





Have you made the trip to Waco yet?
Tell me what you loved!
And if you're planning a trip of your own here are a few useful tips to keep in mind:
  • The Magnolia Market is closed on Sundays.
  • The earlier you come the better. 
  • Spend $100 or more and you can receive free shipping. You just pay for packaging.
  • Hit the outside food vendors before lunchtime. You'll have a better chance of items not being sold out and lines will be shorter.
  • Employees can hold items you would like to buy at the front counter so you can continue shopping hands-free.
  • Don't be surprised to see Mrs. StevensTK helping in the store. She is clearly a dynamo.
  • Staff diligently restocks displays and keeps things tidy. But if you see something out of stock ask. There could be another in the backroom.
  • Don't stress over the lines. Just chat with someone. There are the nicest people in line. One lady even offered to hold my cakestand for me.



Written by Jen Zerrer
Photos by Jen and Tony Zerrer



Comments