Greens and Neutrals


Greens and Neutrals
If you are like me this past holiday season you were loving the greens and neutrals.
I mean loving. Particularly because I mixed faux with real and got such a great natural look that smelled fabulous, but meant I could also leave some of it up throughout the winter months.




TableScape
Let's start with your tablescape. Adding garland to your centerpiece on the dining table is a fun way to bring green to the house. This year, I choice Hearth & Hand's greenery and entwined it down the table with mercury glass trees and candles (just make sure your candles will not light the greenery on fire).  Target also has some other fabulous faux garland that can be used all year, such as this Fern and Lavender Garland you can check out here. Click the photo below to shop this item on Target.com
Fern and Lavender Garland



Wreaths, Wreaths, Wreaths.
My go-to for live wreaths and greens is Trader Joe's. They have a great selection of greens and flowers all year round. For the holidays, I nabbed their mini pine wreath that had berries and pine cones in it.  You can plop them on a cake stand, add a candle and create a simple but pretty focal point for a buffet or table. To make this look versatile all year, go with a simple boxwood wreath or eucalyptus. Michael's stores always has these in faux options.





Bring Your Garden In

To create a fun place setting use clippings from your garden. Cheap. Easy. Fun. Anything would work: lavender, rosemary, eucalyptus, boxwood, roses, you name it. Simply take your favorite linen, wrap twine around it, and insert sprig in the middle. Once you place it on the place setting, it makes it look special. Particularly if you layer a few varying size plates underneath, including a charger plate.





I found these milk glass cups, saucers and plates, plus a few metal charger plates at a local shop called La Casa Verde in San Clemente, Ca. which has an eclectic mix of finds. I love hunting through vintage items because you never know what you'll find.
I mixed these with some other charger plates I found at Michael's. Sometimes mixing and matching is the best way to go because you're making your own rules.



Leave Up the Wreath
When it came time to take down my flocked tree, I was a little sad. I love watching the lights at night. So, I decided to keep up the wreath instead.  I chose this neutral looking faux green wreath from Hearth & Hand and hung it from an old window on my fireplace using a metal door hanger. 




You can also tie the wreath up with a ribbon or rope. Hearth & Hand has several wreaths that work nicely and can be used all year round inside or our outside on your front door. Another option is their new Eucalyptus Wreath.

 Click the image to get more details on size and pricing directly from Target.com.





Here's a closer look at the Hearth & Hand garland, my mercury glass trees and candles. You could also use flameless, battery-operated candles that come on with an automatic timer.



What's your favorite way to bring the green inside? Share with me and comment below! I'd love to know.



Comments